Honors Among Oregon professional photographers, Rubens has been awarded:
- The Highest Award for Wedding Photography in the state, Best Woman’s Portrait, Best Portrait of Two, Best Social Candid.
- Each year he entered he has had one or more prints in the state’s highest echelon: Court of Honor
- Every year that he submitted he had nationally award winning photographs in juried competition among professionals.
- He has won the elite Kodak Gallery and Fuji Masterpiece awards
- His work has twice been exhibited at Disney Epcot Center in Orlando
- He earned a Master of Photography degree from the PPA – Professional Photographers of America – the largest, most established professional photography organization
- His prints have attained PPA Traveling Loan Collection status. Listed: Who’s Who in Professional Photography
Rubens’ work can be found on book covers, in magazines, books on photography, calendars, limited edition prints on the Internet, the subject of paintings, part of a nationally touring slide presentation, on TV interviews, the subject of interviews for national and international professional photography magazines.
A student of philosophy, psychology and computers. Business Management degree: University of Wisconsin. Rubens got his start professionally in 1985, apprenticing under one of Portland’s premier wedding photographers. Long involved in the industry, Rubens for several years managed a major commercial photography studio. He operated a courier service for the top pro lab on the West Coast. For three years he headed up the photography at Great Expectations (high end dating service). He has studied under virtually every national expert on wedding photography. He considers himself permanently “in training for weddings” whether honing himself thru taking workshops or running 20 miles a week. Professional over 20 years, he’s successfully photographed well over 1000 weddings.
Rubens’ weddings clients include: CEO of Fortune 500 firm, Superbowl player, National TV host, Olympic athletes, International fashion models. The Chairman of Kodak wrote: “…it was obvious that you were not only doing fine work, but there was evidence of true creative approaches. I thought the photograph was absolutely outstanding. You obviously are an accomplished artist.”
- Wedding Photographers International
- Professional Photographers of America
- Portland Metropolitan Photographers Association
From the East Coast, to the West Coast, the Midwest, Washington, California, Hawaii, Alaska, south to Mexico; coast beaches, aboard ship – Rubens has photographed weddings.